Due to current events, it is not possible to hold the USBCs in Schaumburg in May. Based in large part on USBC player survey responses, we will not hold the USBCs as entirely online qualifying events. 

The USBF Board is carefully considering our options, including but not limited to holding the USBCs later this summer. The WBF has announced that the World Bridge Games will be rescheduled, probably early in 2021. The USBF will therefore hold qualifying events this year. We are working with the Schaumburg Hyatt to find dates that will work for us and for them.

The USBF has extended the guaranteed entry deadline for all of the USBCs to June 1, and will consider extending it to a later date depending on the dates on which we are holding the USBCs. Additional entries will be accepted after the quaranteed entry date only if they don’t change the length of the event. It is necessary for USBF planning, including with the hotel, to know the length of the events.

The Board will meet again as soon as we have heard back from the hotel.