2022 JLall Online Teams #6
One team has withdrawn, so we have 8 teams. Schedule and format are below.
The sixth USBF JLall Online Teams event (JLall6) will be held from June 18-19 and 25-26 on RealBridge. It will be similar to earlier JLall events.
Jlall6 is open to all Active USBF members. An Active member is one who has paid USBF dues. All players must have paid 2022 dues on or before June 1, 2022.
Event Schedule and Format
•JLall6 will be held June 18-19 and 25-26.
• Play each day will start at noon EDT and end at about 9:00 pm EDT.
• The entry fee for the event is $400 per team.
• DIC for the event is McKenzie Myers. Tournament Organizer is Jan Martel. Software guru is Al Hollander. Vugraph Organizer is Chris Wiegand, who will again organize voice commentary for the KO stages. RealBridge may also have some new kibitzing enhancements in place by June.
• The event format will be:
Round Robin Stage 1, June 18-19
Each team plays 8 boards against each other team on each day. Each 8 board match is converted from IMPs to Victory Points using the USBF 8 Board VP Scale. Each team's score is the sum of its Victory Points for the 2 days. Each player must play against each other team.
The top 4 teams will qualify for KO play, the bottom 4 teams will be eliminated.
Knockouts, June 25-26
• One match per day. 56 boards per match.
• There will be a short Captains' meeting on June 21st to set the KO bracket. The Round Robin winner will select their opponent from the teams that finished 3rd and 4th in the Round Robin. The second place team may choose to be available to be selected. The other two teams will play.
Playing Conditions and Rules
• The matches will be played on RealBridge. During the bidding & play, each player will see & hear their screenmate - (N&E, S&W). Before and after each match, teammates will be seated at one table, and RealBridge is working on a way to allow the players who were sitting out to join you (players who sat out will be able to see & hear their teammates and be heard but not seen).
• There will be no real-time online kibitzing allowed for any match. Kibitzers will be able to watch after a delay. For the Round Robin, the delay will be until each match is over so kibitzing does not provide “state of the match” information. For the KO matches, kibitzing will start half an hour after play starts, and each board will be shown no sooner than when all tables have finished playing it. We will try to have voice commentary for the KO matches.
• RealBridge will archive bidding, play & score information for the event. We will also post scores on this website.
• Players may consult their bidding notes, SSF, and convention card during the bidding only. Other aids to memory (for example, lists of percentages, calculators, notes about carding) are not allowed.
• Play Requirements for teams that qualify after the Round Robin: each player must have played 4 matches.
How to Enter
Entries are now closed. There are 8 teams entered.
• Any player who has not paid 2022 USBF dues by June 1 will not be allowed to play.
System Regulations & Conditions of Contest
• This event is governed by the 2022 USBF General Conditions of Contest and Special Conditions of Contest for the event, which will be posted soon.
• ACBL Open+ Convention Chart applies to this event.
The provisions of the USBF General Conditions of Contest regarding ethical obligations and possible penalties apply to this event. The USBF has appointed an Ethics Investigation Committee that will review any complaints about ethics violations. If the EIC concludes that a player or pair was acting unethically, they will report to the USBF COO, who may refer it to the USBF Recorder. Either the COO or Recorder may bring a Charge against the player to the Board of Directors, who may place a player on probation, suspend, or expel a player for cause.